UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017 Result Declared !
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the result for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations held on 18th June 2017 on Thursday 27th July 2017.
Mains Examination: All those candidates who had cleared the Preliminary Examination now have to go through the Mains Examination which will be held from 28th October 2017.
1. Registration: Successful candidates first will be required to register themselves on the UPSC website for the mains exam before filling up the DAF(CSM).
2. DAF(CSM): After registration, candidates will have to submit DAF(CSM) form for appearing in mains examination. DAF(CSM) form will be available on UPSC official website from 17th August to 30th August 2017.
Instructions for filling DAF(CSM) form: click here
Civil Services Mains Admit Card 2017: The admit card for Civil Services Mains Examination 2017 will be uploaded on the commissions website before 02 weeks from the commencement of the exam i.e during second week of October 2017.
Best of Luck !
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017
The candidates who are preparing for Civil Services examination now have to pull up their socks because Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued notification number 06/2017-CSP for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017 on 22nd February. The candidates would be able to apply for this examination till 17th March 2017 through commission’s website.
Before Applying the candidates must ensure their eligibility as per the notification.
The candidates must be Graduate in any disciple from any university which is incorporated under the Central or State legislature or a recognized university from University Grants Commission (U.G.C).
Note: The candidates appearing/appeared in their final year of Graduation and those who are waiting for their results are also eligible to apply for Preliminary examination. If they pass the preliminary examination, they would require to submit the proof of Graduation during Mains Examination.
There is no minimum percentage required to apply for this exam.
The candidates must be between 21 to 32 years of age. (There would be age relaxation for reserved categories).
For General Category: The candidates may appear for Civil Services Examination for maximum 6 times.
For Reserved Category/ Physically Handicapped (Reserved): No limit.
For OBC category: Maximum 9 attempts.
Physically Handicapped (General Category): Maximum 9 attempts.
The candidates are required to pay an application fee of : 100 through online mode (Female/ SC/ ST/ PH are exempted from paying any application fee).
List of Services:
(1) Indian Administrative Service.
(2) Indian Foreign Service.
(3) Indian Police Service.
(4) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(5) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(6) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
(7) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(8) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
(9) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
(10) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(11) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(12) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(13) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(14) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(15) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
(16) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(17) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
(18) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
(19) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
(20) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(21) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(22) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(23) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(24) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Please follow the step-by-step procedure to apply for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017.
- Visit http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Click “Online Applications for various Examinations”.
- Go through the Part-1 and Part-2 application process followed by payment of fees.
- Save your registration number and other details for further reference.
To see the official notification, please click here